Sliders to set both minimum and maximum values using the same object

• What’s your feature request? Sliders to set both minimum and maximum values using the same object.

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve? I need to be able to set an age range for marketing targets - among other demographic information, sometimes we want to target marketing campaigns based on peoples' ages. I'd like to be able to easily specify "here is the minimum numerical value, and I want to write this value to a column, and here is the maximum value, which I would like to write to another column," but I would also like the system to dynamically understand that the selection for the maximum must always be greater than the maximum number. Furthermore, it would also need to be able to specify when all values are acceptable and when there is no specific maximum value (and I suppose when there is no specific minimum, in cases where we might be working with integral data, rather than ratio).

• How are you/is your team currently blocked? I have a workaround where I have a metadata table that is literally just a list of numbers from 0 to 85 counting by fives, and the word "Any." I have two picklists pointing to the number list which represent the minimum and maximum values, and a filter on the maximum picklist which only allows number values that are greater than the currently selected minimum. This has a large number of potential error states, and my main recourse is to just hope that they don't get triggered.

Hi @Dan_B, welcome to the community! :smiley: :honeybee:

I can see how a slider could help with dynamically setting a range of values (setting a min and max). I'll pass along your request to the team.

For a solution now, you could have a list of names (whom to send campaigns to) and create two fields that would be the min and max age range. Then you can add a FILTER() to the list that only displays users within that range:

i.e: =FILTER(People, "People[Age]>=$[MinAge] AND People[Age]<=$[MaxAge]")

This is how it would look in action:

Hope that helps or inspires a similar solution :slight_smile: I'll still pass along your request for the slider; let us know if anything else comes to mind that would improve your experience in Honeycode. :honey_pot:

1 Like

Thanks, Alyssa. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense if the marketing targets are internal to the app - my use case is to allow the business to design marketing strategies more broadly, and then export their requests for use in our larger data environment. The number of people in our marketing targets tables are in the tens of millions, so unfortunately maintaining that list directly in Honeycode is not currently an option.

That being said, as soon as I can run Honeycode apps directly off of our Redshift databases, then we're in business. :slight_smile:

Hi @Dan_B :honeybee:

Got it, that makes sense; You can integrate Redshift and other services with Honeycode using Amazon AppFlow and Honeycode APIs. That would allow you to store your data there, while still leveraging the power of Honeycode. We've seen several others integrate different AWS services with Honeycode with both methods, so that could be something you could explore too :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

That's excellent news. I'm in the proof of concept phase right now - one of my next steps was to work with our AWS partners to see what options exist for the connectivity we're discussing. The information you've provided is really helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Dan_B,

Great, I'm glad the info is helpful! Sounds good, as you explore that and continue to build in Honeycode, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. :honeybee: :honey_pot:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.