Still trying to make it work

Hi team,
I'm still struggling with my app, I'm still one step away from getting it to work but although I've tried to do it on my own, still can't make it.

I have this app where user reports what he is deliveriyng

There is a field called "Estado", here user should edit it, and them app should save that change in a specific cell in "OrderEntries" table but still can't get that done, pls help!!!!!

Hi @Pabl-2603, Nice to see you again :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing the screenshots :honeybee:

Looking at your table, you'll want the Status column to be a rowlink to a Status table. Next, you'll want to ensure that the editable field in the app is shared source of that column. With that set up, a user can select a status in the app, which also updates the value in the table. This is how it would look:

Here's an example table of OrderEntries, and the Status column is a rowlink to a Status table:

In your app, point the shared source of the editable field to the Status column with: =[Status]

This is how it looks in action:

Hope that helps! Let us know if we can assist further. :honey_pot:

Thx much for your help Alyssa,
This is interesting, went ahead and did the adjustments and it got better than what I had before but still can't make it, pls see my app and table:

Table

App setup

App user interface
Status not updating

If I drag a line to report, now I am able to change its status but it only gets changed in the app, not in the table, also If I drag another line to report, its status is "Cerrada" and it really should be "Abierta" by default.
What should I do?

In the above example I took line number 8 and changed its status to "Cerrada", doing so, its correspondent status in table should update as well but that is not happening.

Hi @Pabl-2603 :honeybee:

For the source of the editable field in your app, rather than using the FINDROW() formula, try only entering =[Status] as shown in my example above. (This will point to the Status column of the current row)

Let us know if that works, and if you have any further questions. :honey_pot:

Hi Alyssa,
Thing is "Status" is not in the same table, the user interface collects data from one table and then that data is sent to another table, that's why I think there needs to be a formula so I can access the other table but has not been very simple to accomplish that.

Datacell24 belongs to another table, it does not belong to "EntregasEntries List" and that's where I have the problem

Hi @Pabl-2603,

Got it, thank you for those additional details; We'd like to get a better understanding of your app set up and goals, so we've reached out to you privately to further assist. :honeybee: