Support for external data sources and single source of truth

• Support for external data sources and a single source of truth
    As far as I understand Honeycode keeps the data in workbooks and other data sources for reading and write operations are not directly possible and needs workarounds.

• Workbooks are too simplistic approach
    The workbooks can solve many small problems however if I want to develop a full-featured application it will be much better to integrate and directly use AWS DynamoDB, RDS, GraphQL, and so on.

• The importance of a single source of truth
    When writing applications we cannot keep the same data in multiple places. I understand that there is an API to use and we have the AWS SDK and boto3 where I can read data from anywhere. However, I am still limited to use workbooks and need to sync data. This is overhead and I need to deal with syncing data, solving conflicts, and try to model my database in workbooks?!

• By adding support for extra data sources Honeycode can become much more and can be used to develop fully-featured applications

1 Like

Hi @Fuat-51e8, welcome to the community and thanks for your post! :honeybee:

In addition to APIs, you can integrate different AWS services with Honeycode using Amazon AppFlow, which may meet your needs. Here's an article to learn more: Integrate Data with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow

I'll note too that native integration has been requested before, so I will include your feedback to our product team on that request.

Let us know if that helps, and if you have any further feedback around this. :honey_pot:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.