Table UI Element

• What’s your feature request?Table UI Element

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?Looking for a way to condense information that does not require the use of column lists which are not optimized to use available screen real estate effectively.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked? “*It is not as much of a block as it is an annoyance. Why not have a simple table that displays chosen columns and give users the ability to choose what can be edited and what can't be? Why are we stuck with using column lists which are a UI nightmare? There's so much spacing that is wasted. *”

Hi @anon3811776, welcome to the community and thanks for your request! :honeybee:

In Builder, you can display your app data in different types of lists, which may better suit the format of your screen. From what you've noted here, perhaps you could try stacked lists rather than column lists. Here's an article with more information: Lists: Stacked, Column & Blank

Does that help? Let us know if there's anything else in particular you're hoping to see in Honeycode. :honey_pot:

Hi Alyssa,

I've tried both in different arrangements, but its never compact enough to really view data well.

I've attached what my main splash screen looks like in its current form. I'm limited to what I can display due to columns and content boxes not scaling properly. In addition, the space in between each content box is very large and wasteful.

Why not have a simple table interface that scales? Where you just choose to columns to show? Similar to this:

Also why does the Web version not scale out to utilize the full window?

Hi @anon3811776, thank you for providing a screenshot :honeybee:

In regards to size and placement of the content boxes, You can adjust both in Builder. You can toggle between mobile and web views of the app, which can help you resize the content boxes accordingly for the different modes. (By default it's in mobile, so when you toggle to web, it may be easier to see how to adjust the content boxes to your liking).

These are the buttons to toggle between the modes:

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 2.49.51 PM

The data on the screen will condense or scale as you resize a browser window (content will condenses to fit the window).

Regarding data displayed, you select the columns from the table you wish to display in the list. You can select as many columns as needed, and you also have an option to create a details screen if you want to navigate to another screen with the full details (in a case where you may not want to overcrowd the screen with data in the list).

Hope that info helps! Keeping these ideas in mind may help with the design of your screens and app flows. Let us know though if you have additional questions or requests. :honey_pot:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.