Ticket Tracking

Hello, new to this tool and not a programmer so learning as I go. I've read through the other posts and don't see answers to this so decided to ask.

Question 1:

We run a business where we repair machines - I have created an app where it allows the input of data regarding the locations etc but I want to be able to have a parts list and allow the user to select multiple parts from the list (multiselect) and then add a quantity used... for example, I want to add 2 of item A and 4 of item B and so on and have this placed in the table when it's saved.

I started to create a separate page where I could just have multiple inputs so I could choose more than one but seems it should be easier and it still does not solve the "number of parts used" issue.

Question 2:

I'd like to so something similar to an if/then where if they choose Customer A, the user is presented with data from a spreadsheet for Customer A (like a site list), and likewise if they choose Customer B. I have spreadsheets for each - and the data will still populate the same table so that seems simple.

Question 3:

Is there a way to have honeycode or the interface build an invoice based on the above requests? I would want it in PDF format if possible.

Eventually I will want to create invoices from the data collected so I'm sure I'll need more help lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi @Jeff-b153, welcome to the community! :smiley: :honeybee:

I'm happy to help you with each of your questions. :slight_smile:

For your first question, you can add another input field on the screen for a user to enter a quantity. For a data model, you can create a table of the repair order entries, with the part and quantity, and a separate table of of the Repair Orders, which has the location and sum of the required parts. This is how it would look:

Here's a screen with an input field to add a quantity (the other fields are picklist to different tables):

Here's the RepairOrderEntries table, with each part, quantity, and associated order number. This is where the entered parts and quantity would be written:

Here's the RepairOrders table, which has the order number, any other key data, and a column with a formula that calculates the SUM of a FILTER of the quantity column for each order. For my example, this is the formula:

=SUM(FILTER(RepairOrderEntries,"RepairOrderEntries[OrderNumber]=[OrderNumber]")[Quantity])

For your second question, you can display filtered data of your different customers with a list object. For example, you can create a list of a Customers table, and then use the filter and sort feature to create user controls to display the desired data in the app:

For your last question, you can integrate Honeycode with different services using Zapier or Amazon AppFlow, which may meet your needs with creating invoices (Honeycode does not directly export data to PDF as of now). Here's a link with more information: Integrate Data with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions. :slightly_smiling_face: :honey_pot: