Top dog filter in Making the App You Want learning exercise

Hi,
I'm following along with the steps to show the top dog in the Making the App You Want learning tutorial. When applying the filter to the 'blank' list box, no rows are returned in the app screen. I tried pasting the same filter text in a new Summary_Who column, and it returns the expected result. The List Properties 'Visibility' flag is set to TRUE.

Would anyone be able to provide a tip to help determine why the list displays empty in the app?

Thanks,
David

Hi @OCDavid :slight_smile: :honeybee:

Could you provide us with the formula you are using? And perhaps a screenshot of where you are entering the formula and what you seeing?

Hi Alyssa,
Screenshot of the filter in the app builder is attached. Also attached is the filter in the underlying summary table definition just to show it seems syntactically correct.

The source text is :
=FILTER(Summary_Who,"Summary_Who[Number of Treats]=MAX(Summary_Who[Number of Treats])")

Thanks,
David

Hi @OCDavid, thanks for your screenshot! :honeybee:

The selected list object does not include the fields to display the contents of the list items (the Who and Number of Treats fields are outside of the list object box).

First, you can simply try moving those existing fields into the list object (as they may be set up correctly to point to the correct columns).

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend creating a new list object. For the table, select the Summary_Who table and select the two desired columns (Who and Number of treats). Then add your formula to the source of the new list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance! :slightly_smiling_face: :honey_pot:

1 Like

Hi Alyssa,
Thanks again for the great help! I added 2 data cells to the blank list object and set their shared source to Who and Number of Treats. This allowed the data values to be displayed in the app.

It might be helpful to include that step in the learning article. As I am learning about Honeycode, I did not fully understand how to setup a blank list.

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: I'm happy that worked for you, @OCDavid :star2:

Yes, I can pass that feedback along to the team. Thank you for letting us know what you experienced and what would be helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.