Two step delete verification on table content

• **What’s your feature request?

Two-step verification on highlighting table and deleting content.

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?

Personal experience: A primary data table with over 300 client details had all of the data deleted. I'm not sure how it happened. I suspect my 5-year old daughter got on the computer and was pretending to be daddy working and through some unfortunate series of clicks, highlighted the table and deleted all the data. Once it was brought to my attention that all the customer data was missing from the app, I discovered that it was indeed gone, and there was no option to undo it. I was unable to recover the data. Fortunately, I've been making monthly backups to the app and tables. Unfortunately, there were over a dozen clients who are new and no longer in my CMS.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?

Due to the accidental capacity of losing all of the vital data, I've considered moving to another data management system that has better protection of data, backups, and potentially accidental proof from losing large data sets. I am building multiple apps for other clients and cannot use this system with confidence without some additional protections and backups of the data.

Hi @Clin-7464 sorry to hear about your experience with the deletion and recovery of your table data. I will be bringing your feedback on two step verification to our team as an improvement request.

I also wanted to mention our 'recover a workbook' feature and see if this helps you. If you go back into your workbook and select the 3dot dropdown:
Screenshot 2021-02-12 160055

You can select 'Recover' and recover your workbook from a checkpoint:

A checkpoint is an automatically created snapshot of your workbook and you can reset the workbook to a selected checkpoint.

If you know the approximate date and time when you believe the workbook was in a state you are looking for, reseting your workbook to the closest checkpoint may help you recover what you are looking for.

Thank you for posting this feedback! If you have any other areas of feedback, don't hesitate to let us know!

I did not know about that feature. I was looking for something but didn't think about clicking on that menu button. I'll be sure to use it in the future, hopefully, I won't need to but that is very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.