I unlinked mobile and web displays in my app and lost a screen on the web side. The app side kept four screens and the web side kept three. I thought I might manually correct but it's like the mobile page ended up stuck in both web and mobile.
Anyone seen and/or know how to correct this?
Thank you for your question! I would be happy to look into this further and provide possible solutions to correct this.
I have a few clarifying questions to help us understand what is happening.
- Would you be able to clarify the screen numbers before and after the unlink happened?
- What actions did you make before and after the issue occurred? For example, did the unlinking occur when you pressed the "unlink" button or did you manually delete a screen and try re-adding it again? Was there any error notifications?
- Additionally, would you be able to provide screenshots?
We would also be happy to help during office hours on Thursday or Friday, you can sign up here.
I did this in Classic, one workbook and three apps.
In all test cases, I'd end up with -1 screen after clicking unlink. So, if APP-A had four screens, when I unlinked, I'd have four screens in mobile and three on web. in APP-B, if I had five screens, when i unlinked, I'd have five screens in mobile and four in web.
What I did notice on further testing was that I had been leaving my screen selector on a screen that was not first in the stack for the app. If I had my selector on the second or third screen, I'd notice the aforementioned issue. I did some unlinking in another app where I had the first screen selected and had no isssue. It seems like the Unlink has a need for the first screen to be in scope.
I can't screenshot anymore since I have been messing around with this to figure out what happened, but that's what I noted when trying to work it out.
Thank you @DevC-79e7 for answering all my questions! We are further looking into why this occurred. We will respond back once we have the solution.
Hi @DevC-79e7 ,
Thank you so much for your patience. Our team is still looking into the issue. I will follow up again shortly with an update.
Hi @DevC-79e7 ,
Apologies for the delay. While there currently isn't a fix for this issue, there is a workaround option:
- Find the automation which navigates TO the screen that is being omitted and temporarily change the navigation destination to something else (i.e. Previous screen).
- Let the automation save (just close the automation is enough)
- Split the app
- Update the original automation to navigate back to the original destination
- Update the web version automation to navigate to the cloned destination
Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this process.
Thanks. I found that as long as I had the first screen in the stack currently selected when executing the copy, I had no further issues.