Update from Detail view and using button

Okay so trying to confirm I am not missing something. I have a table with a field for an assigned user and a linked table that allows for assigned to be set to Yes or No. The List works and takes me to the detail view as expected. However would I would like to do is allow my team the ability to click a button that says "assign to me" and the current record on the detail screen updates the assigned to using the $[Sys_User] and the assigned Yes/No to the Yes. Is it possible. I tried the update row but it want's a query to define what the row is that it should match. Can I just say the record I have on the detail screen with a special query or is this a feature I need to request.

Hi @Matt-ffcc thanks for the question and welcome to the forum! Here's how I was able to do this, I created two tables. The first one called Yes_No:

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.09.22 AM

The second one called Assigned_User where the Yes No column is a rowlink to the Yes_No table:

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.09.14 AM

Then I was able to create a button for Assign to me in the same block as the rest of the items in the detail screen so it had the same block source which was =$[InputRow]. Then I created an automation, and added an overwrite block. In this block, I took data from =$[SYS_User] and wrote it to the Assigned User column and took data from =FindRow(Yes_No, "Yes_No[Status]=%", "Yes") and wrote it to the Yes No column. Like so:

Hope this works for you. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks for working through a solution for this. It works as I expected :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.