Using new Radial to Filter Screen

Hello to the Hive,

So I have a screen with a few datacells showing summary information of transactions in underlying table. This data is associated with date-times. I would like to be able to use the new radial buttons to have some options to change the summary information for different relative dates.

For example; All, This year, This Month, this week?

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Gary

@tradin4bacon Hi Gary, welcome to the community and nice to meet you! :wave:

Good app idea, I have a couple solutions that may help. :slight_smile:

Here's an example I provided on another post that shows how to set up a screen that allows users to enter start and end date for a list. For your ask, I created an example building on this.

Since you're looking to specify date ranges, you can define that range in the table associated to your radio buttons. This is a table I set up for your example:

There's a formula in each that calculates the start and end dates, based on TODAY(). You can define the start dates and end date however you'd like in the table.

In my example, for the "All" range, I set an arbitrary date from which reporting may have began, and the end date is =TODAY().

The other dates match the current year or month with formulas such as =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1) or =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1)

And the week range is set over the last 7 days from=TODAY()-7 to =TODAY().

In the app, I added a radio buttons of the Time Range table, variables to store the Start and End dates, a list to display the data, and a button to update the list:

The Update button is set up to change the Start and End date variables on the screen:

You can see that the formulas pull data from the tables that you defined, by calling the column of the rowlink associated to the selected Radio button.

Example formula looks like: =$[Radio][Start Date]

Now in the app, you can select the toggles to quickly update the date range of the displayed data:

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions on this. :slightly_smiling_face: :honeybee:

Moderator note: Edited post to update radio button formulas and screenshot.

1 Like

Hey @Alyssa , instead of the =FINDROW(TimeRange,"TimeRange[Range]=%",$[Radio][Range])[Start Date] formula, you could just write =$[Radio][Start Date] I think. That will give you the same data because the radio buttons are already based on the TimeRange table.

1 Like

Hi @Andras, great point! :smiley:

Yes, simplifying the formula to =$[Radio][Start Date] gives the same result.

I've updated my reply above to use this formula instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Alyssa, Thank you so much for this detailed reply, this all makes sense and I feel a little honeycoding this weekend to get this in place. Just to make sure I have the concept correct...

1. I'm creating a table with my relative dates and formulas for each range start and end date.
  2. hit the update button which will populate data cells acting as variables.
  3. My summary data cells will have filter formulas based on these data cell variables in 2.

That sound about right?

I'll give this a go and see what we end up with. Thanks again

Gary

1 Like

@tradin4bacon Hi Gary,

You're welcome, and yes, that's an accurate summary of the steps! My method is just one way to achieve what you're looking to do, so feel free to share any other findings as you build.

Let us know how it goes once you get a chance to try it out. :slight_smile: