Webhooks firing more than once

We are having situations where users are pressing a button that sends a single message to a webhook, but even though we have confirmed they press the button only once the webhook is receiving multiple copies of the message, one or two minutes apart. Is there any way to see if Honeycode is possibly sending the messages more than once?

Hi @Michael_W_SCR! Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. :honey_pot: :honeybee:

It sounds like there may be a duplicate automation or step causing it to send more than once. I'd first check that the automation on the button only has one step for the webhook, and that the step does not have a formula in the Run Options that would have it run more than once. You can also check the tables as well, for any additional table automations or triggers there.

If you're still having trouble finding the extra trigger, sometimes it easiest to recreate the button and/or webhook.

I hope that helps! Let us know if we can assist any further.

It stopped happening on its own a few hours later. We are confident it was not related to anything in the way our buttons or automations were set up, especially since we didn't change anything and it just stopped happening.

Got it, thanks for letting us know that it cleared up for you, @Michael_W_SCR :slight_smile: :honeybee:

We're happy it is no longer occurring, but if it does occur again, please submit an issue report to us (the logs in the report would help us identify what may be the cause).

Hi @Michael_W_SCR

I had the same issue. Webhooks will be retried multiple times if the response is not received in 1s. You generally need to make your webhooks asynchronous.

See the details here Webhooks Retry Logic - #3 by RajeshGoli

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @larry . In this case, I am calling an Integromat automation rather than a Lambda function. But it could be something similar where Integromat is not responding as quickly as 1 second.