Wide layout in desktop web browsers

Hi, I don't have Honeycode App on my mobile (android 7) device, so have to test and use desktop web browser. But my app layout is too wide, and fixed rather than "responsive" to the width of browser window. Any idea and suggestion? Thanks

Hi @ethan-1633, welcome to the community! :honeybee: :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting here, I have a couple of suggestions -

First, I'll note that if you're looking to design for mobile or make a more of a vertical layout of your app, we recommend to try to use stacked lists rather than column lists for data. Stacked lists put the data vertically on top of each other, which is more mobile-friendly and easier to scroll in a vertical format.

Also, in Builder you are able to design for both a web and mobile version of your app. By default, the mobile and web layouts are linked for your app, but if you want to design each of these independently, you could unlink them. This would allow you to make a mobile version with a more vertical layout, that's also perhaps more slimmed down in content in comparison to your web version.

To unlink the layouts in Builder, you would click on the link icon:
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.14.52 AM

Let us know if that info helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you still feel that your app is too wide after trying the above suggestions, could you further elaborate on what you'd like to see in Honeycode? i.e. what would improve your experience around this?

1 Like

Hi @Alyssa,

Thanks. Got it. It's very helpful to me to be able to decouple mobile and desktop view in builder. This allows me to make controls more compact and move them to the left, and stack them vertically when possible. So take less horizontal space in the desktop view.
Stacking controls vertically also avoids vertical mis-alignment , for example when label, input and drop down are on the same row. Not sue about checkbox which seems requiring extra custom effort to add images in table.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @ethan-1633,

I'm happy that helped! :slight_smile: Good feedback too on those features, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And yes, improvement around the concept of checkboxes / multi-select have been suggested by others, and our team is evaluating this for future updates.

If you think of anything else that could make designing your app in Honeycode easier, feel free to share any suggestions here on the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.