Will Honeycode Classic Experience be deprecated eventually?

Hello Honeycode team!

Recently, I have begun having concerns about the possibility of the Classic Experience being deprecated one day. Personally, I love the wide range of capabilities of the Classic Experience, but understand that the Honeycode team wants to try a new approach using the New Experience.

Because my business is heavily dependent on the Classic Experience continuing to be supported, I did have a few questions:

1. Will the Classic Experience be eventually deprecated? If so, what would that look like? Would Classic Experience apps be blocked access entirely, or just case to be updated?

2. In the event of the Classic Experience being deprecated, will users be given a heads-up in advance for migration? If so, how long will this period be?

3. What's the official stance of the Honeycode team on migration? Is it recommended for users to migrate their Classic Experience apps to the New Experience?

Apologies for the bombardment of questions. As my staff's livelihood depends on the Classic Experience continuing to be supported, I just want to make sure I am prepared for deprecation or any similar event.

Thank you so much for all your contributions to this amazing product!

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your post, it’s nice to hear from you!

I understand how much your team relies on the Classic Experience and I empathize with your concerns. We currently do not have any plans to deprecate the Classic Experience. If we have additional news to share, we will post announcements here in the Honeycode Community.

Thank you for your positive feedback and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further concerns.

Thanks,
Evelyn

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for your prompt reply and happy Easter!

Would you recommend we try to migrate over to the New Experience regardless? And is the Classic Experience still being actively improved/updated? Or has the dev team moved on primarily to working on the New Experience?

Thank you!