Workbook snapshots not available

Hi,
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 6.43.38 PM

I have been reviewing this article on recovering snapshots for workbooks.

I have a workbook that is 2-3 months old, and I made many changes to it today. However, when I follow the guide on how to attempt to recover a snapshot, only the "rename" and "share" options are on that menu. How do troubleshoot this issue? Is there a way to trigger an archive at this time (including through aws command line tool)?

Hi @Matt-1edd, welcome to the community! :smiley: :honeybee:

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. Quick question, are you seeing this only with this particular workbook or others as well? (Is the Recover option available for other workbooks?)

Also, can you submit it to us in an issue report? We can take a look at the logs and see what may be going on. To do so, open your workbook with this issue, click on the Help icon > "Report an issue."

Thanks Alyssa, it's happening to all of my workbooks, I have opened an issue report.

Got it, thanks for letting us know, @Matt-1edd :honeybee:

We've received your issue report (thank you for submitting that!), and we'll be in touch with you with our findings.

Hi @Matt-1edd :slight_smile:

Our team took a look at the logs, and it appears that this may due to permissions of the workbooks. In order to see the "Recover" option, you will need to be an owner of the given workbook.

We've also added a note in the article that only owners of the workbook can see that option.

Hope this helps clarify! Let us know if you have any other questions on this. :honeybee: :honey_pot:

Hi @Alyssa I ran into some problems with syncing my orgs gsuite accounts to aws sso, (i opened a ticket to fix that) and now I can't make myself the owner of the workbook I created. It allowed me to set up my account as a contributor. Is there a way for me to reclaim ownership of my apps? Thanks

Thanks for the quick follow up, @Matt-1edd :honey_pot:

We see your issue report regarding SSO syncing, and we'll take a look at what may be going on.

For the second issue, are you able to login to the original account that owns the workbooks? Let us know what steps were taken and what you see (Please submit that information privately in an issue report, with any relevant screenshots).

No, the old account and new account are the same email address, but must have different ids in AWS SSO.
My account for example in honeycode shows two email addresses mlawrence@tm... The first one is greyed out as it got deleted from aws sso while i was figuring out the account sync tool. The second account, which is the one that now is recognized is from a gsuite -> aws sso sync I did after deleting the original account.

Got it, thanks for that clarity, @Matt-1edd :honeybee:

I've let the team know this additional information, and they're looking into the issue.