Data cells are a type of object (i.e. app interface) that you can use to show data from a table. Honeycode allows you to add data cells to other objects. Data cells are customizable and can:
- Allow app users to edit data
- Be used as variables
- Display data based on a condition
- Be used in automations
Please note these steps assume that you already have a table of data (like the image below) and an app built. The steps below show a use case for adding a data cell to display the SUM of the values in the Budget column.
- In the builder, click the object you want to add a data cell to and then click + Add objects.
- Click the Data Cell icon and the data cell will populate in the object block. Right click on the data cell and click Properties.
- Customize the data cell and click X when complete. In this example, the data cell was programmed as a budget total for the summary column.
- Click View app to check out your new data cell.
|Was this article helpful?|