Allow Multi-select of Filter options

• What’s your feature request?Allow Multi-select of Filter options

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?I want to allow my app-users the ability to select more than one option at a time when filtering reporting. Currently, only a single selection is allowed when applying filters to a list.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?I've read the following guide: PFR: Provide Check Boxs and Radio Button UI elements But it is not a solution that would work for our use case. We already have 10 filter options for our reporting screen. The above radio button solution would result in a bad UX for our app-users. As an example, we would like app-users to be able to select multiple products at once. Please see below for a screenshot of our app environment.

Hi @Pete, thanks for your suggestion and it looks like you're doing (or trying to do) some really neat things here. Had a few follow up questions so that I fully understand your request. In your screen shot above, what are the expectations of when a user clicks on one or more of those filter buttons? Will they be presented with something to provide additional data about that particular filter? (e.g. State is CA, Tier is 1)?

Any additional details would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @aj,
When an app-user clicks on a filter option, a pick-list data field is exposed and they can then select a single option from the picklist. I have my filter setup so that app-users can select multiple filter options at once. The current limitation though is with the pick list, users can only select one item at a time within a single list.

Here are some additional screenshots showing the filters in action:

Let me know if any additional information would be helpful.

@Pete, thanks for the additional info, now I understand what you're asking. I'll go ahead and file this as a feature request for the product team to consider as a future update. Thanks again for the suggestion and keep these great ideas coming in!

1 Like

We share the same request

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.