ComboBox - references Value

Hi there,

I have the following situation:

There are 3 Tables:

1. Days
  2. planday_usernames (id, fullName, userName)
  3. Rules

Rules contains some columns two realize the following requirements:

On Day "MON" (this comes from the table "Days" with one columns) at 08:00 AM send a message to the phone_number of "planday_user" (this comes from table "planday_usernames" with 3 columns)

within my Application the automatically generated ComboBox will now show the ID (first) column of the table "planday_users". However I want to show the "fullName" column.

What I need to do to achieve this?

1 Like

Hi @Dani-7d71, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! :honeybee:

In Tables, you can customize which data is displayed for a rowlink column in the format settings.

For example, here's a new table I made that has a column formatted to a rowlink to an "Items" table. Click on the "Customize display text" button:

Here you can specify which data of that table to display for your rowlink:

If you're referring to a field in an app (a data cell formatted to a rowlink and picklist of a table), and you wish for the "FullName" column to be the value to display / users to select, you will want to move that column to be the first column of that table. For a best practice, generally the first column of a table should be the column that helps users uniquely identify the row.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions around this. :slight_smile: :honey_pot:

Hi Alyssa,

thanks for your reply here! I am looking for this reference within an App which adds new lines to this table?

In this case I can not select that a second column is shown. The following picture shows that the employee_id instead of the username is shown.

Hi @Dani-7d71 :slight_smile:

In the app, a field formatted to a rowlink and picklist will display the value of the first column of the specified table. This means that you'll want to move the column you wish to display in the picklist to be the first column. As noted in my previous reply, as a best practice, the first column should be the unique identifier value (the value that allows users to easily distinguish the row they are selecting).

Hope that helps clarify! Let us know if you have any other questions. :honeybee: :honey_pot: