Dynamically Add Columns in Listview for Application

Is there a way for an app user to dynamically views columns in a list instead of the app builder needing to pre-select before hand?

@Quan-dec9 I don't believe so. Can you describe your use case? There's probably another way to do what you're trying to accomplish.

@AndrewB, I've got a sheet that has extra columns that some users may not need to see when viewing the app. I'd like them to be able to select the columns of data that they would like to view. And each user will want to see different columns.

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were trying to add/remove columns from the tables. You're just trying to show or hide them in the app.

Yes, you can do that using visibility controls, are you trying to control this column by column, and user by user? Or something like this type of user sees one collection of columns, and another type of user sees another collection of columns?

Well, ideally, I don't want to control anything. I'd the app user to select the columns they want to view (from something like a checkbox list). I'd like any user to select any different number of columns pertinent to them.

That’s also possible. The trick is that the UI doesn’t rearrange itself as content boxes are hidden. If you hide a center column, it just becomes a blank white space.

So far, I’ve found it more useful to build a few preset views of the data, rather than one view where they can turn things on or off.

But it is possible. Create a users table, with a column for each item you want to show/hide. Have a control where the user toggles a true/false for each of those, and then use those values as the visibility property on the content boxes that make up a column.