HoneyCode automation with invoke lambda function. can I do this?

Hello,

=> I have created lambda function with honeycode API (invokeScreenAutomation, getScreenData). I have got confused!. (invoke lambda), when users click on any automation button at that time lambda function invoke with honey code event(automation-ACTIONS) or not? is it possible :thinking:?

=> we have to invoke lambda function with any ACTIONS event in honeyCode?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @Bhav-0efb thank you for the question! I'm not sure I understood your question, but I gather you're attempting invoke a lambda from an automation. Is this correct? We currently don't support calling an external endpoint from within Honeycode natively. An alternate method you can try in the interim is invoking Lambda periodically and using GetScreenData to read data from the workbook to infer if the event you're looking for has actually transpired. Please let us know if this doesn't answer your question!

2 Likes

Hi @Bhav-0efb, we'd love to gather more information from you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thanks!

Hi @Bhav-0efb we announced a web-hook based integration, which you can potentially use to invoke a lambda function. More details on the features released is available here: Release Notes - December 2, 2020. Look forward to hearing your feedback, if any!