Not Able to Enter Date into Cell

Ran into a weird problem preventing me from entering a date into cell.

I'm finding an inconsistent behavior for Findrow() based on whether I hard code the parameter or use a variable.

Is there something i'm doing wrong? Been at this for a few hours already. Thanks,

Hi @Dee-Jay,

Welcome to the community! :slightly_smiling_face:

And thanks for your post and screenshots -

For your FindRow() formula, you'll want to specify the column for the order ID from the input row. So you would put something like $[InputRow][Column Name of Order ID].

$[InputRow] by itself would have the data of entire rowlink rather than only the specified column.

Also from looking at your screenshot, I can see how the the automation field evaluating correctly would be confusing. I'm in touch with the team about this, since an error or warning should show instead.

Let us know if this helps. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the response. How would that work though if InputRow is a field and not actually a row?

InputRow is a dropdown field on the page that filters the content. There isn't a column name that i can use for that variable.


Hi @Dee-Jay,

Thanks for the quick reply -

To answer your question, the input row is an entire row, which can have multiple columns of data.

And for your automation formula, a particular column of that row needs to be specified rather than the whole row (which contains all of the columns).

On your screen, it looks like you have a variable that would be coming from the order ID column:

If you click on the data cell where the "1" is, you can see in the Properties under the "Data" tab what the data source is of that variable (which likely will be the column name that is storing the order ID).

Then in your formula, you can plug in $[InputRow][Column Name of Order ID].

From looking at your screen, it could possibly be $[InputRow][OrderID], however you would want to confirm the name of the column either by clicking the variable or looking at the table itself.

Let me know if that helps clarify. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Alyssa

I understand what you're trying to say, unfortunately there's still a step i'm missing somewhere.

Thanks for your help so far.

Whats weird is that just under the #VALUE! for $[InputRow][OrderID] I can still use $[InputRow] to return the inputted value of 1 for the $[InputRow]

I did set the source to this blog to be $[InputRow] in case that has anything to do with this.

More Settings for InputRow

Moderator note: Edited out personal information from image.

Hi @Alyssa, sorry to bug you again on this. Wondering if you had any additional insight. I've tried different versions of this and still stuck.

I'm thinking i'm missing something pretty dumb, but can't figure out what it is.


I was able to figure out a workaround. Instead of trying to recover the field value with a findrow against the table, I was able to get the value directly from the $InputRow.

I think the reason it didn't work initially is because the source to the block with the button wasn't set.


Thanks @Alyssa for the help in this.

1 Like

Hi @Dee-Jay,

Great! I'm glad you found a solution that works. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing it here as well, in how you adjusted the data source of the block.

I'm working with the team to address the formula validation issue we bumped into during this (with the formulas evaluating correctly but not returning desired results upon execution), since it can cause confusion when writing the formulas in the automation fields.

Feel free to reach out again if you run into anything else or have any questions. :honeybee:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.