Provide comments/descriptions for actions

We recommend using the following format when sharing your suggestions. This helps us understand the context and informs our decisions around prioritization. You are of course still welcome to delete or skip over this text.

• What’s your feature request?

• Add a short description as one of the properties of an action in an automation

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?

• I am building an app that has automations that essentially branch using conditional execution, so that there will be two or three versions of a sequence of actions that are very similar but work a little differently based on the condition.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?

• It is difficult to keep track of which of several versions of the same action is the one that relates to the task I am working on. This slows down development and increases the chance of errors in the automation. It would be very helpful if I could include a line or two of description at the top of an action to let me know what that action is supposed to do (like "Add customer for condition A"). Ideally it would be viewable without expanding the action.

Hi @Michael_W_SCR, welcome to the community, and thanks for your request! :honey_pot: :honeybee:

I can see how this would make it easier to identify what particular automation steps do. I've passed on your improvement request to our team to review.

Just so we have a bit more info, are you creating table automations or in-app automations (i.e. on a button?) Let us know if you have any other feedback too around what would improve your experience with automations.

Thanks for responding. This is in relation to in-app automations.

Got it, I'll add that detail to the feature request notes, @Michael_W_SCR :slight_smile:

And of course, we're always happy to hear your feedback and ideas! :bulb:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.