UI Slider for Numerical Input

• What’s your feature request?
    Implementation of a UI Slider component that can capture a defined range of numerical input values [i.e., 0-100, 0-representing the left side of the slider, 100-representing the right hand of the slider]

• What’s the problem that you’re looking to solve?
    Reducing the total number of keystrokes/taps required to enter numerical values. My application has several screens/objects that request numerical inputs from users for counts/quantities/inventories/etc.

• How are you/is your team currently blocked?
    The team is not blocked, rather this request is seeking a more efficient, user-friendly way to capture multiple value inputs from users. As opposed to clicking into a data cell, typing the numbers, clicking 'done' and/or 'return' and then clicking into the next data cell, simple slider components that could represent a defined range of values may create a better user-experience.
4 Likes

Hi @atsouth, thanks for this request!

I'll pass this along to our team as a feature request. We're always looking to improve Honeycode's ease of use, so this is great feedback.

If you have any other thoughts on improving the UI, let us know. :slightly_smiling_face: :honeybee:

1 Like

@atsouth

Agreed! You can kind of fake it for some use cases using a string of buttons.

Here are some screens from a demo app...

2 Likes

Ha! Nice @AndrewB ...that's clever. I may be able to use a similar approach in a few use-cases...

(but, let's not take the Slider option off the table just yet..... :laughing: )

1 Like

@atsouth yes, slider is definitely noted! :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming in. We're listening.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.