Using PO Approvals Templete - Formula help needed

I've taken the PO Approvals Template a step further and am attempting to add an item type (Hardware, software, Office Supplies, etc) and assign a purchaser to each of those item types. When a purchaser is assigned and the approval process is complete then the purchaser gets notified and they make the purchase. I am making good progress and I'm confident it will be an easy addition.
Here is what I have so far...
New table M_Fullfillment
Annotation 2020-07-21 134304
The main table (that I renamed to "Purchasing Approvals") I added two columns, "Item Type" and "Purchaser"

Item Type was easy to get working.

The issue I'm having is with the "Purchaser" column. I would like it to auto populate the purchaser as it corresponds with the Item Type. So when Hardware is selected the Purchaser column displays the person assigned to the Type in the M_Fullfillment table.

My best attempt was this...
=FINDROW(M_Fullfillment, "M_Fullfillment[Type]=%",A_Purchases[Item Type]

Am I on the right track?
Thanks in advance!

I believe you're super close. Try this:

=FINDROW(M_Fullfillment, "M_Fullfillment[Type]=%", A_Purchases[Item Type])[Type]

Oof, I was close.
However, when I plug that in I get this...

When I change the format drop-down to contact I get the same error.

Oh, I think I know what the issue is. Try this:

=FINDROW(M_Fullfillment, "M_Fullfillment[Type]=%", "A_Purchases[Item Type]")[Type]

Note the quotes around A_Purchases[Item Type]. Or you could do:

=FINDROW(M_Fullfillment, "M_Fullfillment[Type]=A_Purchases[Item Type]")[Type]

Still no joy

I tried both of them that you gave me as well as typing it in manually using the autofill options to make sure I didn't misspell anything.
Still giving me the error.

Hmmm, try this:

=FINDROW(M_Fullfillment, "M_Fullfillment[Type]=A_Purchases[Item Type][Type]")[Purchaser]

4 Likes

BOOM! That did it!
Thank you again Isaiah. You are awesome!

1 Like

Awesome! You're welcome! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.