Can Honeycode call api's or endpoints from other services?

hi @GabrielS, thank you for your feedback. Integration with third party services/apis is one of the top requests we've received so far. I'll pass your information along. Please stay tuned for any new announcements (https://honeycodecommunity.aws/c/announcements).

Cheers,
DT.

I find the need to create an app to access data from the SDK/API to be very unintuitive.

Our user base is very comfortable in using data in sheets (Smartsheet and Excel), and the requirement to create an "app" just seems dumb. Why force this?

There should be the ability to access sheets via their ID, with the [completely normal] ability to iterate through rows, and consequently, cells. Once that is possible, accessing the cell data will be easy.

Please add this feature.

2 Likes

Hi @DaveR,

First off, welcome to the community! :honeybee:

Thank you for this request - our team is always looking for ways to make Honeycode easier for everyone to use, so this is great feedback. I can see how editing tables directly via the public API may be more intuitive than through the app in certain cases.

I'll file this feature request with our team.

Also, you can add this to our Suggestions section with the format noted here, if you'd like. That would give other users the opportunity to "Like" it and help our team see how many other users would find it useful.

1 Like

I would love that option

This is what we are looking for. Bumping up the thread. Keep us posted.

Hi @JinK-888c, welcome to the community! And thank you for your feedback. If you could, please give this initial post a Like (little heart) as over time this helps us understand the level of interest in a particular feature.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming in; we're listening to all.

1 Like

Hi folks, we'd love to gather more information from all of you on external integrations. Please take a moment to visit External Integrations - Share your feedback! and provide details around your use case. Thank you :honeybee:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Stev-cc6e @Mark-b04c @East-f0dc @Sent-a24c @Shub-ab03 @Dere-e6e6 @Robe-13ca @nico-CL @JinK-888c!

We're excited to announce integrations with Zapier and Amazon AppFlow, allowing you to connect your existing workflows and data sources with your Honeycode apps, plus new Honeycode APIs. View our Release Notes - December 2, 2020 for all of the details :honeybee: