Honeycode Ending Soon Community Discussion

To our valued customers:

Thank you for participating in the Amazon Honeycode beta program; we appreciate and take seriously the feedback you provided. After careful consideration, we have made the decision to end the beta service, effective February 29, 2024.

Starting today, we are no longer accepting new customer sign-ups to the Honeycode beta. However, as an existing customer, you will be able to use Honeycode and your Honeycode apps as normal (and add team members to your existing account) until February 29, 2024, when the service will be discontinued. After this date, you will no longer be able to use Honeycode or any of the apps you created in Honeycode.

You can download data stored in Honeycode that you wish to retain before February 29, 2024, by using the "Export Data" option under your workbook settings in the Honeycode service. Please refer to this community post for instructions. If you are unable to take action to retrieve your data before February 29, 2024, please post below for help - we will retain your data until April 29, 2024. If you do not take any action, your data will be deleted on April 30, 2024.

In addition, you will not be charged for Honeycode usage after July 31, 2023.

If you have additional questions, please post below or read our FAQs.

Thank you,

Honeycode Support Team

It appears that the focus on customer satisfaction may not be as prevalent at Amazon as it once was, with increased attention now being directed towards the company's best interest.

1 Like

Thanks Honeycode team, for your years of work and support!!

Andrew Shieh (SmugMug/Flickr)

It was cool while it lasted :), and a noble expiriment. I hope the code lives on somewhere. Thanks!

2 Likes

The Beta was a fun project.

What will happen to it? Are there succession plans for HoneyCode?

2 Likes

Hi @karbonphyber,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are incorporating lessons from the Amazon Honeycode beta into current services, and remain committed to supporting no/low code services including Amazon SageMaker Canvas, AWS Amplify Studio, and AWS AppFabric.

Thank you,
Evelyn

Thank you Honeycode team for all your hard work and support; and thank you for giving users a window to migrate and back up our data.

My company's entire infrastructure was built around AWS Honeycode (which in hindsight was a bit silly, considering the beta nature of Hoeycode), so it'll take us a good while to migrate our services and processes out.

I can't say my team isn't disappointed in this decision by AWS, but understand where the decision came from.

1 Like

Many thanks to the Honeycode team and AWS for an innovative and novel approach. The reality is that for right now, 'No Code' really means 'Low Code'. In time we will reflect back on Honeycode as really accessable to new users and very useful across a wide variety of scenarios.

The simplicity of Honeycode operating within a single application interface to deliver a working App shouldn't be underestimated.

Thanks again,
Declan

1 Like

Would it be possible to "migrate" our projects over to other low code services as you've listed out?

Like Eric0, i migrated our operations on to HoneyCode.

Currently, i've shifted my focus to developing a custom application built on MongoDB - so as you can see, some of us do need a place to go - if not all. How can the AWS team assist, apart from saying "pack up your things and you can leave" ? Cause, frankly, i could say some of the users of HC are citizen coders - not all are developers like myself.

TLDR: Help?

2 Likes

I am so sorry that you are one of many who have gotten stuck in to this night mare. Would it help you to be given an old windows server To use I have a few old ones I am not using but they work . If you want any and are willing to pay for their shipping I will let you have two.reach out and let me know if you have any interest
Mike

its nice if they can publish the samples with the code so we can implement them at our own servers

Thanks