Honeycode Releases & Updates | Radio buttons, Checkboxes, and Switches

The newest updates to Honeycode are available! See below for an overview of these changes, and Release Notes - February, 2021 for all of the details.

What's new:

• Add radio buttons: We’ve made it easy in Honeycode to build these into your apps, so users can select options with a simple click or tap.
  • Incorporate checkboxes and switches: These two toggles let app users select between two choices - Yes or No; On or Off. You can also add your own labels to clarify what the selection means for your use case.

We hope you enjoy our latest updates to Honeycode—let us know what you think and how we can improve by replying below!

Cheers,
The Honeycode Team

Not yet a Honeycode Customer? Sign up for our free version here.

3 Likes

Loving the switch feature and I have incorporated it already into my solution. Two things that would be nice though.

1. The ability to make them readonly. My workbook has a view-only app and it would be nice to leverage them there.

2. It would be nice if they were able to hold a tertiary state: TRUE, FALSE, NULL.

1 Like

Hi @Luke, thanks for sharing your feedback on our latest update! Curious to hear more about your use case. Would you be able to provide more context on how you're using Honeycode, and possibly how these abilities would improve your experience?

I can give a quick overview:

• Inventory/Knowledge Base system
  • There is a Viewer and an Editor app. Many viewers. Few editors.
  • The editors now have switches on some fields. For the viewers, I have to display TRUE/FALSE. The switches look better. I would prefer they see readonly versions of those.
  • Not all data is required when creating an entry. Some of the fields require additional data that is done post-creation of the record. One of the fields is "Does this item have an NFC tag?". If it is blank, the viewer is shown "Unknown". Otherwise, they are shown "Yes/No". Since I can't set a checkbox field to NULL, I can't use that fieldtype yet. :frowning:
1 Like

Hi @Luke, thanks for sharing more details around your use case, and how this read-only ability could positively impact your experience with Honeycode.

We'll submit and share your feature request with the team, and circle back should we have any further questions. Thanks for letting us know! :honeybee: