Workbook Automations variable

Hello!

Thanks so much for all of the help recently. Has really helped me with my application.

I'd like to create a workbook automation that will look for specific columns in a row to be changed and then be able to take that row where the columns were updated and pull out specific columns to pass to a webhook. Would I use THISROW for that action?

Hi @BradArtman :slight_smile: :honeybee:

You'd want to use FINDROW() to specify the row to be changed or row you'd like to call data from.

In Builder, THISROW() is used more in List objects, such when a row in a list is clicked and that row's data is passed to the next screen (such as a Details screen).

Let us know if you have any further questions on this, or if you'd like any assistance with your automation formulas :honey_pot:

Thanks again for all the help you've provided.

What I'd like to be able to do is this.

When a column is updated in the workbook (in this case the "Candidate Status" column) to a specific status (Unsubscribe), I'd like to be able to take the data from the row that the column was updated and send that to a webhook.

Is there any way in Workbook automations to be able to "mark" the row the updates were made to and then capture specific column values to send to a webhook? I can easily do this with a button but I'd like to do it automatically if certain columns are updated (without a button).

Thanks much!

Hi @BradArtman, got it, thanks for those extra details!

When you specify rows for the automation in the Run Options, those then become the context row.

Since you're already pointing to the row you wish to grab data from, this means that the formula for the payload value would simply be the column of the context row, which would look like:

=[Last Name]

Let us know if that helps, and if you've been able to set up your webhook successfully. :slight_smile: :honeybee:

Thanks! Much appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.